Spaghetti On the Wall
The saying “throw spaghetti against the wall and see what sticks” is almost cliche when it comes to marketing. But this article carries the metaphor through to give you a simple recipe to look at your marketing plan and get it to work for you.
Three steps are what it takes:
- Clear description of the final dish – what are you really trying to accomplish? Be specific or you end up with mush;
- Ingredients properly measured – you can’t tell if your marketing is working if you don’t measure it, so use Google Analytics and other offerings to know for sure;
- Timer is set – do your marketing activity long enough to make a difference and have something to measure.
Read the full (entertaining) article here: https://www.mainstreetroi.com/are-you-throwing-spaghetti-at-the-wall-its-not-sticking-heres-why/
You and YouTube
This article gives four simple things you can do to get the biggest return on your videos:
- Optimize them – put keywords in the video, in the title and in the description;
- Link to your website – this is easy to forget but it’s a big help in boosting the visibility of your site;
- Call to Action – have the visitor do something after watching your video, such as subscribe to your channel or sign up for your newsletter;
- Offer a transcript – if a visitor doesn’t want to watch the video but rather just scan the content, then they can do it with a transcript. That may sound tedious, but you could get somebody on fiverr.com to do it for $5.
Read the full article here: http://gloriarand.com/mistakes-youtube-videos/
QuickBits from CityCenter are summaries of articles having to do with online marketing and technology we think you might find useful. Subscribe to our newsletter so you don’t miss out on any of our posts!