Sure, you get lots of emails and delete most of them, so it’s easy to think that they won’t work when you want to promote your business.
But in actual fact, email campaigns work really really well.
Then you ask, what to write? How do you put together an email that is likely to be opened, read and acted on?
Constant Contact (one of the big email marketing services) has a simple format for you to follow:
- Fill out the header information – “From”, “Reply to” and “Subject”.
- Add a pre-header – a line of text that appears below the subject line in mobile apps. Think of it as an extension of your subject.
- Include your logo and an image – the logo reminds customers who the email is from, the image will attract attention and reinforce your message.
- Write your message – keep it simple, direct and engaging. What would you say if the customer was standing in front of you? Put that down in your email!
- Create a call-to-action – this is where you ask the customer to do something. Call, click, reply – do something!
- Contact information – Maybe the person doesn’t want to click the button but would call for more information – make sure your phone number is there, an email address, and a link to your website.
- Social media icons – many customers may prefer to connect with you on social media such as Facebook, Instagram or LinkedIn. Wherever you have a presence on social media you should have a button for that service on your email.
Constant Contact even created a template that you can print out and fill in for your next email campaign message.
The full article fills in the details, it will assist you further: How to Write Your Email in 15 Minutes or Less.
Contact us to tell us how we can help you communicate to your customers so they know you’re there!